Prev: Re: Orbits, Detailed (Long!) repost Next: RE: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks

Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: <Sabmason@a...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:26:57 EDT
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea)

In a message dated 98-07-03 21:51:38 EDT, Carl P writes:

<< Let's see. We're talking 15+2+25=42 years for the differences to be
past.
 Ha! Looking at how many people are fighting a war that ended 133 years
 ago, I don't think you're giving enough, er, uhm, credit to the
tenacity
 of some of the folks in this country. >>

     Actually, I was meaning that the 22 years of war (Pacification 7,
War of
the Americas 15) would scour away resentment between the UK/Canadians
and the
US units that remained loyal to the JCS - they wanted them there.  And
they
had to learn to live & fight with them, or it wouldn't have worked.  I
think
that many NAC units as of 2183 would have histories that go way back,
before
Amalgamation, and traditional rivalries would of course still exist, but
the
major problems would have been ironed out by now.  They would think of
themselves as a coherent unit, as opposed to two units working together.

     Anybody who wanted to leave probably went with the Free Cal-Tex
Secession.  As bloody as the GZG future history is, the Secession was
pretty
peaceful.

>Sorry, I hope I don't sound too cranky, but I've seen some of these
folks
>in action.

     Ghurkas, or USA Southrons? :)

>It is different, but I'm personally rooting for Australia to lead us to
>the stars.

     Well, I would have expected a total assimilation of
English-speaking
peoples under one flag, the way things were going in the GZG universe,
but the
OU seems to do quite well.  Anyway, the NAC probably has its hands full
with
South America.	*That* is a cultural conflict if I ever saw one.  My
prediction:  The NAC gets sick of the business and retreats to the
Panamanian
Isthmus.  With the FCT Secession going well anly 24 years ago, the South
American nations would probably have a good case to argue to the NAC.
And
depending on what the FSE is doing, I could see the FSE supporting such
bid...

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: Re: Orbits, Detailed (Long!) repost Next: RE: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks