Prev: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks

From: alun.thomas@c...
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 12:59:36 +0100
Subject: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks

tom411@juno.com (Thomas E Hughes) wrote:

> I would like to bring up a point that often gets overlooked. There are
3
> types of rounds that kill vehicles(or bunkers) not 2.
[...]
>   The 3rd and not mentioned is the HESH round - High Explosive Squash
> Head.
[...]
>   By the way this is what they are talking about when those WWI and
WWII
> people mention "sticky bombs." They do even better against concrete
and
> other block house substances.

I thought the WWI / WWII "sticky bomb" wasn't a HESH round, but a 2lb,
adhesive coated hand-grenade - very good at blowing up the user!

(adittedly, my source for this is Stephen Pile's "Book of Heroic
Failures"
-
- although it does also mention the Russian dog bombs descussed
recently)

Alun.
(alun.thomas@cbis.com)

PS:  By the way Tom, you quoted the whole of John Atkinson's message,
could
     you try to trim/summarise just the points your replying to ?

Prev: RE: NAC units, was Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea