Prev: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: RE: Odd FT Idea

Re: Surviving Elite Units (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:10:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Surviving Elite Units (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

>Thomas Barclay wrote:
>> Also, it would be interesting to see which units have made it to 2300
>> - any thoughts, listies? Specifically, I'm thinking of units with
>> history like some of the highlander units, the Gurkhas, (we know the
>> FFL has made it), SAS, SEAL (Sealed Environment, Air, Land), and
>> other elite units with proud traditions and history. I'm looking
>> forward to someone making some modern day highlanders with Adv Cbt
>> Rifles, Gauss SAWs, and the best uniform of all, the Kilt.
>
>Wouldn't the Kilt violate environmental integrity?  (8-)  (Or would you
>wear it on the outside of the PA? )
>
>Hmmm.	French Foreign Legion, Gurkhas, SAS, sure.  SEALs, not sure,
because
>I think they would probably be folded into something (SBS?) when the
>RN as senior service takes control of the RCN, and the USN.  (I know,
>I know, I should say 'Maritime Command.'  Gah.  (8-) )
>
>Anyways, I had a much longer discourse here on the nature of military
>history and units, but it isn't strictly valid yet, and I really want
>do some campaign number crunching now.  (8-)  (Yeah, as if I have time
>throw ANOTHER FT related thing on my plate.  *sigh* (8-/ )
>
>J.
>
>--
>   Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan -
TBFTGOGGI
>"And it's one more day up in the canyons, and it's one more night in
>Hollywood,
>	 If you think that I could be forgiven... I wish you would."
>		     Counting Crows - A Long December

The FFL are now the FSE Colonial Legion, the SAS/SBS and SEALs have, as
you
suggested, probabaly been merged into a combined NAC SpecForce unit.

As to the Gurkhas, we see them as still being in NAC service ('cos it's
fun idea) - probably now recruited from Gurkha tribes/families that fled
the ESU occupation - maybe the NAC have given them their own little
corner
of a (probably harsh?) colony world, so they can continue to breed good
hardy soldier stock.....  :)

On the Vatican/RCC/Vatican Guard subject, we have trod carefully round
the
subject of religion in the background for now, as we don't really want
upset anyone TOO much [:)] - however we did throw some silly ideas
around a
while ago regarding the RCC being an economic power as well as a
political/religious one - Vatican Corporation (VatiCorp), with their
"enforcement arm", Mafioso Incorporated......?	;)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea) Next: RE: Odd FT Idea