Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Blacklight gaming (Was: Lights to game/paint by)

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: scipio@i...
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 02:54:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

>Yank seems OK to me.  Personally, I prefer 'Ami' - sounds more like
>'amicable', a quality I think that we should work on.	'Yank', well,
conjures
>up pictures of indecent exposure and/or lewd acts, but it's fine,
really.
>'Brit' is the usual term, AFAIK.  What are the Canadians?  Is 'Canuk'
>perjorative?  I guess that 'Future US Citizen' won't fly ;)  Are the
>Australians 'Aussies'?  'Ozzies'?

Canuk is not offensive, not like calling a Brit a limey.
I don`t think anybody has ever had much reason to think up a perjorative
time for Canadians.Then again we are so damn polite and good natured we
probally wouldn`t know
when someone is using the term as an insult.

Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Blacklight gaming (Was: Lights to game/paint by)