Prev: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks Next: Re: Vulnerability of tanks, aircraft to lower TL attacks

Re: Oh dear, more Guns: SG Heavy Machine Guns

From: tom411@j... (Thomas E Hughes)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 23:13:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Oh dear, more Guns: SG Heavy Machine Guns

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:42:10 +1000 "Glover, Owen"
<oglover@mov.vic.gov.au>
writes:
>Heavy Machine Guns in Stargrunt:
>
>After much thought and deliberation this si my suggestion to represent
>the Heavy Machine Gun (calibers to fit between the GAUSS SAW and the
>RFAC/1).
>
>The HMG fits into your Infantry Support Weapons category. It may be
>operated in a Ground Mount or Vehicle mount role. Ground Mount is your
>tripod, wheeled/gun shield etc. It is a Crew Served Weapon and
>requires
>a minimum of two people to fire it in the ground mount role (in
>Vehicles
>automated loading mechanisms are assumed).  For normal operation in
>Ground Mount Role, a crew of 4 will be required; Commander, Gunner,
>Loader and Ammunition Carrier. I suggest that two Actions will be

Actually I saw a TOE that said a HMG had 6 members in the crew. I guess
it would depend on where you were using it. If within 100 meters of the
carrying vehicle you might get down to 3, otherwise your crew would have
to be medivac'ed for hernias!

A Browning 50 cal weighs about 38kg + tripod and ammo! (Yes I know there
are lighter versions.)

Nice work Owen, I like.

Tom Hughes

>required to set up and one Action to strip down the weapon. With a
>loss
>of one or two crew the time taken is doubled. When manhandled the 4
>man
>team move as Encumbered. If two crew are lost then the weapon can only
>be moved to load/unload into/from a vehicle ie it cannot actually be
>moved any distance.
>
>The HMG may be operated using 'Iron Sights' or a Fire Control.
>
>With FireCon
>
>FireCon	Basic/Enhanced/Superior as appropriate, Impact
>d12(Impact
>doubled for Major Hit)for both Vehicles and Infantry. Range Bands are
>12" x Target Size.
>
>Without Firecon
>
>FirePower  d10,  Impact d12(Impact doubled for Major Hit)for both
>Vehicles and Infantry. Range Bands are double Firers Quality die in
>inches, (no multiples for Vehicle Size!)
>
>The HMG may engage and penetrate vehicle armour as well as GMS or
>Heavy
>Weapons. The drawback is that it is a CREW served weapon and not very
>mobile unless in a vehicle!
>
>For Anti Aicraft Roles apply the similair rules for other Weapon
>systems.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Owen G

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]