Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:08:28 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

You wrote:

>Also, it would be interesting to see which units have made it to 2300
>- any thoughts, listies? Specifically, I'm thinking of units with
>history like some of the highlander units, the Gurkhas, (we know the

I'm wondering about the Gurkhas.  I mean, Nepal is either A)Part of
ESU, or B)Completely surrounded by same, that entity including both
India and China.  Is the ESU gonna be so keen on permitting it's
arch-rivals recruitment drives?  Any 2200s Gurkhas will likely be ESU
troops, descendants of the Gurkha batallions in the Indian Army.

>FFL has made it), SAS, SEAL (Sealed Environment, Air, Land), and
>other elite units with proud traditions and history. I'm looking

Heh.  The NAC will also likely include some new units in the grand
tradition of the 29th ID, which was formed out of Maryland and Virginia
regiments with battle honors from the same battles during the American
Civil War--from opposite sides.  Our insignia is a side-ways yin-yang,
blue on one side, grey on the other.  A division consisting of
regiments who were all at Yorktown?  But anyone who thinks they'll
reflag the 7th Cavalry and keep them from singing Gary Owens at the
drop of a hat has got another think coming.  Most US troops will have
set down their colors as US units and picked them up again as NAC
regiments, if the unification was peaceful.  Of course, renumbering the
divisions will be required.  But if the 17/21st Lancers have survived,
then I will nurse some fond hopes for ours.  One imagines that some
units will have merged with their opposite numbers--the Jarheads seem
to have done so, and I imagine the SAS types and the Snake-eaters
worked out a division of labor or merged.

>forward to someone making some modern day highlanders with Adv Cbt
>Rifles, Gauss SAWs, and the best uniform of all, the Kilt.

"An unrivaled garment for diarreah an' fornicatin'" as the Highland
recruiter said. . .

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea