Prev: Babylon 5 Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@i...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:54:52 -0400
Subject: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

Apologies for my French; it's been about seven years since my last High
School class, and things like verb conjugation and noun gender are
fading
into the dim past... (8-)

Anyways, this does raise an interesting FT Universe campaign idea; how
about
a independent Quebecois colony?   It seems that in the FT Universe,
FTL is cheap, thus it's relatively easy to setup your own colony when
you
disagree with the established powers.  I mean, we're talking about the
Vatican supporting a small fleet of starships, and various other forms
of power projection, when it right now supports a company (battalion?)
of
mostly ceremonial Swiss guards.

Hmmm, now I'm really curious as to the nuts and bolts of the FT
Universe.
I've seen some WWW sites on the whole thing (there's one that's running
campaign PBeM, if I remember correctly), but I'm wondering how things
fit
together given the fleet sizes as given the Fleet Book?  Jon, when you
came
up with the ship numbers, did you just put things down that sounded
good,
or do you have a 'secret file' (tm) with a fully functional, detailed
Universe, that you're afraid to put out because the rule munchkins will
jump on it and declare it holy?  (Man, how's that for a run-on
sentence.)

I'll shut up now; I think this is barely on-topic, and I should get back
work.  Working on cgi scripts will do this to your brain.  (8-)

Thanks,
J.

--
   Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan -