Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: sniper weapons for SGII

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 20:01:46 +0100
Subject: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

At 15:04 29/06/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Tom spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>
>>	Sooner or later (he said irrelevantly) I am going to use some of
my
>> Ral Partha war dogs to make some dog mines.	Just for laughs.  They
>> might be fun for a few odd scenarios, as well....
>
>Now, I'm fully in favour of the simulation of war as opposed to the
>execution of it. I'm fully in favour of the use of neat ideas. But
>the above idea just seems like an idea spawned by a cat lover.....
>and I think its a pretty crappy way to treat man's best friend, even
>in an imaginary game. I'd make a real point of taking no prisoners
>when I caught up with the units responsible and the commanders
>deploying such a revolting weapon.
>
>Out of curiousity, do you consider Kamikazes funny too?

	Neat idea or not the Russkies tried this. During the 30's the
Russians
taught dogs to climb under tanks, the idea being that the dog wuold be
carrying explovies (I dont remember how much). The idea was tested in
actual combat conditions against the Germans in '41. The dogs followed
their training most obediently and ran under RUSSIAN tanks and exploded
for
the Motherland.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Odd FT Idea