Prev: RE: OT Lights to game/paint by Next: Re: Odd FT Idea

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:55:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

Jonathan spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> > just can't help but like the idea of the Vatican Fleet, puttering
around
> > the stars, doing missionary-type stuff, and occasionally busting
heads.	I
> > think it lends a nice historical flair to the whole setting.  And
they
> > would be cool to paint.

I find the idea alarming. I game with far too many Catholics that
would just go to town with this theme....

Seriously (or not so), this reminds me of an add for a PBEM which
showed a large battleship torching a city and the caption read
something to the effect
"In 30th Century, Excommunication is a Harsh Punishment."

 In SG you could have very
> small squads of highly trained troops operating in liason with your
main force

It might be interesting to see *Papal Gaurd* units appear on the
board.... (Good Motivation - God and the Pope are on their side).

> requirements in terms of battle competence for the Swiss Guard are
actually pretty high,
> to the point where they are facing a bit of a recruiting crisis. Why
does the phrase
> 'Vatican Commandoes' pop into my head? Is that a game I've played?

I could see a recruiting crisis. But what do you mean 'battle
competence' - so far as I know (which ain't far in this regard), the
Papal Gaurd hasn't been involved in any overt (who knows covert?
Remember the movie Hudson Hawk where the Vatican had its own covert
ops branch?) conflict for a long, long time? What are these
requirements you speak of?

Thomas.

Prev: RE: OT Lights to game/paint by Next: Re: Odd FT Idea