Prev: Epic DS2 update Next: Re: High Velocity Missiles (HVM)

Re: sniper weapons for SGII

From: Charles Gray <cgray@j...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:52:58 -0700
Subject: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Brian Burger wrote:

> Tom Sullivan mentioned, whilst defending use of dog-mines in gaming
with
> adults:
>
> > And as new weapon debacles go, it is
> >second in my estimation only to the American Bat Bomb Fiasco, which
> >(although it involved the deaths of an untold number of bats) I also
> >find quite funny.
>
> The what? Bats w/ grenades strapped on? For what purpose? (Terror
weapons,
> probably - now a bat won't just tangle itself in your hair, it'll blow
> your head off) (and yes, I do know that the bats-in-hair thing is pure
> myth...)
>
> Please expand on the 'Bat Bomb Fiasco'...
	As I understand it, The bats had small incendiery devices
attached to
them.  They were supposed to be air-dropped over enemy cities, and then
would seek shelter in dark places, such as attics... where the timed
incendieries would go off.  I've heard several stories about what
happened later, but most of them agree that the onlly buildings ever
burned down by this were the labs....

	Of course, there's always the "pigeon guided missile" project,
which
involved training pigeons to recognize objects, and then by (so the
pigeon thought), pecking certain studs for food, guide the missile to
its target.

Prev: Epic DS2 update Next: Re: High Velocity Missiles (HVM)