Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Re: sniper weapons for SGII

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:19:10 -0700
Subject: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

I personally have never seen a 20mm sniper rifle. Doesn't mean that it
doesn't exist. i would laso point out that I'm not sniper trained,
haven't been to SOTIC, though I have a sniper on my team.

Also, a lot of people are making winking insinuations that the
"anti-material" rifle is designated a certain way but is actually used
for killing people. The question I would point out is why? For that
matter why not use an AT4? The fact is that anyone who is going on a
specific mission to eleiminate somebody probably has to carry the damn
thing quite a ways in. That means you are not going to want to lug that
Barrets monster around, plus your ruck, team equipment, and personal
weapon if you don't need it. You take whatever you need for the job,
nothing more. Unless you are already downrange for some other job and
get tapped to go somewhere else, in which case you'll apt to be lugging
an M24 anyways (in US at least).