Prev: Re: Mini Stands Next: Re: Orbits Defined

Table Size (was Room to Game)

From: dean.gundberg@b...
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 98 08:18:45 -0600
Subject: Table Size (was Room to Game)

 My wife and I are buying a house (if we can ever get through all this
 financing paperwork) and I have been promised one of the rooms as my
 "Spaceship Room" as she calls it.  Its a finished room in the basement
I can
 fill with boxes of games, miniatures, and a table.

 Now to my question.  What size table should I build?  I was thinking of

 creating my own table with plywood and 2x4s but how big of a playing
surface
 should I create?  What do you guys use and what size would be your
'ideal
 size' for a table, one that is big enough for fleet actions but small
enough
 to be accessible from all sides?  Also do you prefer tables of normal
hight
 or low ones like I see at some game stores?

 Thanks for your thoughts,

 Dean
 dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com

Prev: Re: Mini Stands Next: Re: Orbits Defined