Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Re: Mini Stands

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:51:53 +0100
Subject: Re: Mini Stands

At 17:57 25/06/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Speaking of plastic hex stands.  I recently glued a bunch of
>ships together that use these things, and have had 3 already
>break off, after only 2 games.  I've got some ideas on how I can
>strengthen them ... but most involve a fair amount of work.
>
>Does anybody have any great ways of fixing the breakage problem?
>
>In particular, when they are already glued to a ship?
>
>Daryl "Hope this isn't too far off of topic" Lonnon

	Personally I prefer them to break early on, it only really seems
to happen
with the big ships or those some unmentionable drops. Most of the GZG
models already have a hole cast in them for a stand. Using the plastic
GW
or Warzone stands, glue peg to model, let glue dry, break peg! You have
now
blocked the hole 'cause if you do it right it should snap at the base of
the model. Take a fine drill and drill into the model where the remains
of
the peg are and then into the peg itself. If using a hand drill, no
problem. If you're like me and using an electric drill (dremel sort of
thing) do it in small stages or you'll melt the plastic and gum up the
drill. Drill into the model until up hit metal, drill about half way
down
the other section of the peg. Once you have your holes use a length of
brass rod to rejoin to two sections of the peg. You should have no more
problems. If mounting new models just cut the top section of the base
peg
and do as above but drilling directly into the model.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: sniper weapons for SGII Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII