Prev: Re: Editing GZG figs... Next: Re: New ships (details)

Re: How to kill a GEV tank

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:05:05 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: How to kill a GEV tank

You wrote:

>To which I reply: You expect your charges to work right, don't you
>John? You expect your rifle (when you carry one) to work. Why not
>IFF? Especially given 300 added years, I see no reason why this won't
>be in the 'been around so long its rock solid' category.

Because whether my rifle or my charges work is dependant on my skill.
I'm confident that I can rig demo 100% of the time.  Dual-prime,
dual-initiated demolitions won't fail if you do it right (assuming your
fuzes aren't cut by enemy fire).  Rifles won't jam if you clean them
properly.  But IFF is electronics, which is something I can't control
and can't fix if it goes wrong.  Can't fix in the field under any
conditions--you need a REMF with fancy equipment to fix a microchip.
What happens if my helmet stops a slug?  It shatters, I've got a
headache, and my IFF chip is gone.  What happens if I loose the helmet?
 Hell, more often than not I'd want to leave it home anyway.  Boonie
caps beat that monster any day.

John

Prev: Re: Editing GZG figs... Next: Re: New ships (details)