Prev: Re: New ships (details) Next: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

Re: FSE Ships cool?

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 22:36:30 +0100
Subject: Re: FSE Ships cool?

At 12:22 25/06/98 -0500, you wrote:
>You wrote:
>
>>Can't just be the French?  The Kafers are one of the best developed
>Alien >races in any Scifi setting.  The whole new frontier thing works
>well for >me.	As for the technology used, well I never much care as to

>how its >supposed to work in reality.
>
>Who put it out?  If it's GDW it's gotta be pretty good.  It's also
>kinda outa print.  I'm already spending too much effort trying to track

>down TNE stuff.

GDW circa 1987.  It was a roleplaying game, with some mechanics similar
Megatraveller.

In some ways very similar to the FT universe actually.	Lots of
different
factions/nations making the inital push into space.  Of course they bump
into a voracious race of aliens but with a few nice kinks to them.  One
of
the main ones being that as a race they are extremely stupid until they
get
into a combat situation.  The adrenaline rush the Kafers get seems to
trigger some sort of intelligence boost.  The more combat the smarter
the
Kafer as they never quite fall back to the level of intelligence they
had
before.  Therefore the soceity is very violent in order to improve the
race
as whole.  Human forces bumping into Kafers usually have to eliminate
them
early or they don't come home.

Its out of print sadly but then so is Renegade Legion my other favourite
"dead" game.  Such is the way of things.  When you think of it there
really
aren't that many sci-fi roleplaying games that stayed the course apart
from
Traveller.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Re: New ships (details) Next: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.