Prev: Re: Orbits Defined Next: Re: Robotech stuff (longish)

Re: FSE Ships cool?

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 15:55:05 +0100
Subject: Re: FSE Ships cool?

>>>no speed, or the FSE which is dead opposite (BTW, Why, oh why did GZG

>>>make the FSE models so darn cool?  It's annoying--I won't play
>>>Frenchmen but I really, really like the ships).

So 2300ad is out then?	I always rather enjoyed the way the French had
become this imperial power getting on everyone elses nerves while trying
maintain their ascendancy.  There seems to be some scope for adapting
2300
to FT although the space combat is heavily sensor dependent.

I remember a campaign game in Challenge magazine for 2300 called Lone
Wolf.
 Its out on the web somewhere as well.	Essentially it involved an
enhanced
Kafer raider in human space and the attempt by the humans to stop the
raider while also dealing with the political agendas of all involved.
French and Germans at one anothers throats, while nobody really wanted
give the Americans any support bases to work from on the French arm.
One
of the better attempts to model the affect of politics impinging on
military operations.

I can find the url if anyone would like to take a look at it.

>>Whereas the NSL ships just look too cool.

I can only agree.  I quite like the Kra'vak ships as well.  Some of the
Brigade ships seem quite good too.
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Re: Orbits Defined Next: Re: Robotech stuff (longish)