Prev: Re: Earth Force Sourcebook Next: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

Re: FSE Ships cool?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:43:32 +0100
Subject: Re: FSE Ships cool?

[snip]

>>And back to the Missile pack problem. Something that suprised me about
>most >of the fleets is the lack of Area defence for most fleets. Other
>then the >NSL they seem to be a very low priority. I've only played 4
>
>I note that taking the book ships as they are, you're right.  But at
>least for the NAC ships, escort varients with ADFC are listed for both
>Frigate types, and the NAC escort cruiser (on which the Nea Rhomaioi
>one is based) can be quite effective.

Don't forget that the ships detailed in the FB, and the few variants of
them mentioned, are still just a very small sample of the classes and
types
available to each navy. Most fleets probably have ADS variants of many
of
their escort and cruiser classes, either designed as such or as refits.
We
deliberately DIDN'T detail too many minor variants in order to give
players
as much freedom as possible to customise their ships.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Earth Force Sourcebook Next: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.