Prev: FSE Ships cool? Next: Re: FSE Ships cool?

Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 00:30:51 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: FTFB--new fleet design philosophies.

You wrote:

>One thing that came up in old games of FT - when using a campaign
background, >a certian phenomena began to appear in our battles.  There
would be one pass >at high speeds, with an exchange of fire at closest
approach, and the one who >thought he came away poorly usually turned
tail and ran.  This was brought up

In certain games this may be enough.  One of the convoy escort games I
was just playing a while ago, my brother's BB commerce raider was more
or less colocated with two freighters (had to shift ships out of
way--mini games can be nuisance sometimes), and had he been pointed up
the convoy, a single volley would have been enough to gut all four of
the light freighters (ignoring the heavy and medium freighters), thus
probably winning the game.

John

Prev: FSE Ships cool? Next: Re: FSE Ships cool?