Prev: Re: Fleet Book in US? Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:19:49 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

You wrote:

<snip a bunch o' stuff 'bout balancing SLM ships>

Ahh. . . Using vector movement system, no?  Try using the suggested 3"
kill radius for the SLMs.  My try-the-damn-thing-out game was with my
little brother using a pair of FSE heavy cruisers.  We found it damn
near impossible to hit anyone with a 3" movement.  If you fly in a
straight line, you WILL get slammed.  If you jink like a madman (which
both of us do, since I use a floating game table) you can evade a 3"
radius most of the time.  Of course, if you have a thrust of 2, you're
still ewedsrcay.  But if you rotate whatever direction you like and
then use your main burn, you could end up ANYWHERE.

John

Prev: Re: Fleet Book in US? Next: Re: Troop Capacity