Prev: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:29:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> No, I can't see this either, unless you are "lucky" enough (not so
lucky
> for the scoutship crew!!) to have the enemy missiles end up nearer the
> scout than to your big ship. I suppose you could surround the big
ships
> with a ring of little ones, but even so there is nothing to stop a
> well-placed SM salvo ending up inside this "defensive" ring after
movement.

> Jon (GZG)

Jon,
     The throw away ships are cheap!   Just an engine and hull, nothing
else is required for the mission, including the crew, this is a target
drone and nothing else.

     As Phil was playing the SMLs, his process for placement was:
1) determine speed of the target ship. (defines basic range)
2) determine the thrust of the target ship. (defines turn and speed
   change ability.)
3) Place the salvo of 4 SMLs in a box centered on the basic range.
   (This area is 16 inches by 16 inches)  The other two shots were
   extended the line formed by the 'nearest enemy' line of SMLs.
   (The nearest enemy line is now 24 inches across and 12 deep.)
4) Playing with standard NAC battleships with a thrust of 4 this
   means that we were never able to evade the pattern. (I strongly
   suspect that thrust 5 ships or better, operating in the 20+ speed
   range is the only way out of this situation.)

Additional depressing details are available.

change of subject:  The target drone can be deployed less than an inch
away from the protected ship.	While it is possible to hit within an
inch of a ship it is still required to be closer to the target than the
drone.	 This means that the SML marker must be dropped on the location
the target ship base will occupy at the end of movement, a hard task
indeed.   (If someone is able to do this, they deserve to do the
damage the SML hands out!)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules Next: Re: Troop Capacity