Prev: Fleet Book in US? Next: KR? Re: Fleet Book in US?

Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: Yum Yum Yab Yum <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:44:57 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust 3 rules

>> Well, it states pretty plainly in the rules that the SML missiles
have
>> to target the NEAREST enemy ship. Hence the shield like formation one
>> can form with your midge/scouts. They take all teh damage from the
salvo
>> missiles leaving your cruisers/capitals healthy.
>
>Which is what an escort screen is for, surely. Taking the exocets and
>harpoons on the chin. A house rule would be to be able to set a MASS
>threshold on the SLM so that it attacked the nearest ship of the given
MASS
>or greater. Modern naval missiles can be target against specific blips
>on the radar screen. Should be easy in the 22nd century.

Then you have to address the whole issue about ECM, ECCM, and abilities
of
ships to be able to 'mask' themselves by parading around 'electonically'
as
a different ship size/mass. Then you'll have to have systems or means
for
which destroyers can pretend to be more massive than they really are, or
battleships being far less massive than they really are. With these
added
layers of complications, I'm all for just leaving it 'nearest target'.
It's
simpler, easier.  :-)

M 'I like easy' k
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: Fleet Book in US? Next: KR? Re: Fleet Book in US?