Prev: Re: Miniature Battle Damage Next: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules

RE: Full Thrust 3 rules

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:37:57 +0100
Subject: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules

>On 23 Jun 98, at 11:33, Glover, Owen wrote:
>> We both decided the same as John, a bucket load of small scoutship
>> 'missile sponges' to absorb the SMLs. But then we are starting to
>> min/max the fleets, No?
>> Owen G
>Ermm. could someone explain how this is supposed to work? I don't see
how
>having a
>couple of little ships along with your 'fleet of the line' is supposed
>absorb SML damage?
>Or have I missed something and there is some standard rule as to the
>priority SML
>barrages have to give to targets?
>
>			TTFN
>				Jon

No, I can't see this either, unless you are "lucky" enough (not so lucky
for the scoutship crew!!) to have the enemy missiles end up nearer the
scout than to your big ship. I suppose you could surround the big ships
with a ring of little ones, but even so there is nothing to stop a
well-placed SM salvo ending up inside this "defensive" ring after
movement.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Miniature Battle Damage Next: RE: Full Thrust 3 rules