Prev: Re: Albedo ACV's in Full Thrust Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Re: Albedo ACV's in Full Thrust

From: <PsyWraith@a...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 17:17:04 EDT
Subject: Re: Albedo ACV's in Full Thrust

In a message dated 6/20/98 2:39:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jatkins6@ix.netcom.com writes:

> >	  I am trying to find a way to represent ACV's in Full Thrust.

>  I'd throw in my 2c worth if I knew what an ACV is (Air Cushion
Vehicle
>  comes to mind, but not in a space game!).
>
>  John

In the ALBEDO setting ACV's are Autonomous Combat Vehicles, combination
sensor
and kinetic-kill drone missiles.  While ACV's can be equiped with a
variety of
add-on packages like submunition dispensers, enhanced sensor packages,
beam
weapons and point defenses most simply consist of a computer core, power
pack,
sensors/commo and armor.  Their multi-ton structure and ability to reach
50G
sprints makes warheads superflous.  They can not only track and attack
targets
but can plan tactics and coordinate with other ACV's and their mother
ship.

When military starships enter a system they deploy "constellations" of
ACV's
for defense and attacks and send undelecerated ACV's ahead to scout the
target
world.	Many of these will subsequently impact on the planet's surface
eliminate C3I nodes and ground defenses.  In ship-to-ship engagements
ACV's do
most of the work, especially in head-on battles where closing velocities
make
ships mounted weapons minor players.

Morgan Keyes
Sine Pari
Airborne All The Way

Prev: Re: Albedo ACV's in Full Thrust Next: Re: Troop Capacity