Prev: Re: combat spoilers for "Movements of Fire and Shadow" Next: RE: Looking for US Army minis

Re: Looking for US Army minis

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:55:14 -0700
Subject: Re: Looking for US Army minis

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >Anybody know where (in the world, I'm not picky) I can get 25mm
modern
> (body >armor & all) US Army/USMC minis?  Suitable for use with the SG2
> minis?
>
> I know I've seen 'em, I'll look through the catalogues at the shop
> Monday.
>
> >	Y'know, now that I think about it, with the USA having the Fritz
> helmet, >and the older M60, which looks a LOT like the MG42, I can see
>
> Well it's not our fault the Germans had better helmets and machine
guns
> than we did!	It's only logical to copy the best--although we didn't
> quite get the '60 right.  That German reliability somehow evades. . .
>
> John

The MG-3 was in the running for the new us MG, but politics being what
it is the troops had to make due with the inferior M-60.   The MG-3
is just a MG-42 rechambered for the 7.62 Nato round.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: combat spoilers for "Movements of Fire and Shadow" Next: RE: Looking for US Army minis