Prev: Re: Looking for US Army minis Next: Re: Planetary invasion ramblings (longish)

Re: Communication and Travel

From: "Richard Slattery" <richard@m...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:52:03 +0000
Subject: Re: Communication and Travel

On 16 Jun 98 at 13:23, Jonathan White wrote:

> I'm going to step in pre-emptively here and point out that the
> tactical / logistic etc factors involved in *any*  of the 'big guy
> vs little guy' wars on Earth have little direct relevance to FT/GZG
> games. This isn't the place for protracted discussions about earth's
> recent conflicts. Could we keep it fairly close to target please -
> the physics of ortillery or general discussions about the resources
> available to colonists I can live with but the relative tactical
> merits of the Afghans, Kuwaits, Vietnamese, Albanians or anybody
> else isn't what we're here for. Thank you.

And I'll counter post-emptively <wink> that I believe that the
*general* parallels are directly relevant to how wars may be fought
in the FT/GZG universe, or adaptations of it. When we start talking
about spurious things that have no relevance, feel free to jump in as
the 'theme police'. Drawing on the parallels in history are a very
handy way to put across a point, and so far I think it's been very
much on target. If the list differs with that opinion, my apologies.
Richard Slattery	     richard@mgkc.demon.co.uk
It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has decended
from man.
     H.L. Mencken

Prev: Re: Looking for US Army minis Next: Re: Planetary invasion ramblings (longish)