Prev: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb) Next: RE: Communication and Travel

Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:30:30 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

You wrote:

>Absolutely- time to start panicking if there is an enemy combatant
within >80nm.  Aircraft within 100nm are extremely bad news.  However,
that is >based on the relative weapon enagement envelopes- its all
relative.

I'd panic if all I had was a CIWS and a couple of Sea Sparrows between
me and death.  The FT carriers are a little better armed--esp the NSL
one, which I've taken to referring to as a Carriernought.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb) Next: RE: Communication and Travel