Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Troop Capacity

Re: Troop Capacity

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:56:18 +0100
Subject: Re: Troop Capacity

At 22:10 13/06/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Lots of idiots wanna be fighter jocks.  Check the average lifespan of
>pilots in historical wars--grotesque attrition throughout the first ten

>missions.
>

>John

	American aircrews in Britian in WWII believed that the standard
tour of
duty was 25 missions because the odd were very damn good that no-one
would
survive that long. Yet the US had to lengthen its training programs for
aircrew and pilots several times so as to allow enough aircraft to be
built
for them to use. Flying is glamor warfare. I don't see it being any
different in the future.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Troop Capacity