Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Communication and Travel

RE: SG actions rule clarification

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 20:30:00 +0100
Subject: RE: SG actions rule clarification

> Hrm. . . then to make sense to issue both a MLP and a APW,

It makes sense to do that regardless of whether they can fire at the
same time
or not. But that leads to fitting the whole squad with them. We have to
take a
cheese test and think about logistics, which takes us on to....

> you've gotta
> give the MLPs limited ammo.  Which sorta makes sense.

Does to me to. Mounted as they are, theydon't look very easy to reload
in the
field.

> The other way is to
> read the paragraphs on P. 30 to imply that both can be fired at the
same
> target at the same time--possible with computor-control, but not
likely.

Yeah. If they can be fired in the same turn/activation with an APW then
it
surely has to be at the same target in the same action. Anything else
starts
my cheese alert ringing.

> On the other hand, if you can incorporate underbarrel GLs into a 'fire
> small arms' action, why not triggering a pack of rockets?

Where does it stop? If a PA trooper can fire an APW and an MLP why not a

SAW and an MLP? Why not two SAWs and an MLP? After all with PA you
only need one hand to fire a SAW (at least based on the miniatures).

> >> How about one with APW and SLAM/1?
> >
> >There's no such thing as a SLAM/1. SLAMs come in sizes 3 to 5 only.
>
> What is that on top of those NSL PA troops?  I'm not talking the
little
> bitty dual rocket packs, I'm talking the BIG ones.

SGN-24 right? I have no idea what they are meant to be. DS2 states that
SLAMs come in sizes 3 to 5 and SLAMs aren't mentioned at all in SG2.
It wouldn't be too hard to write stats for a heavy-MLP though. Leave the

firepower at D8 and up the Impact to D10* or D12*. Can definitely not be
fired at
the same time as an APW. And definitely carries a limited number of
rounds.

	Steve

--
"And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
"Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons

Steve Pugh  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/4173/intro.html

Prev: Re: Troop Capacity Next: Re: Communication and Travel