Prev: How big is human space Next: RE: SG actions rule clarification

RE: SG actions rule clarification

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:43:25 +1000
Subject: RE: SG actions rule clarification

-----Original Message-----
From: scipio@interlog.com [mailto:scipio@interlog.com]

>I don`t know about using the rules to gain an advantage, but I do know
that
>squads do that type of thing in real life.

Hmm,

Which part do you mean "in real life" ??

Let's look at Fire Control Orders.

"FireTeam Bravo, 300m, reference green farmhouse, enemy MG team, on my
command, 2 minutes sustained fire, wait"

Here a detachement is formed,

"Fireteam Alpha and scouts, we will move to the left into a position to
assault, prepare to move, Bravo FIRE, Alpha with me MOVE"

The squad leader and the remainder of the squad now move.

This is the formation of a detachment to fire and then the squad moves.

Don't tell me in "real life" the squad leader is going to say to
fireteam Bravo to fire, then wait for a couple of minutes then they stop
and then fire team Alpha fires and take it in turn!?!?! I have NEVER
seen that sort of fire control.

You fire by squad or give fire control orders to a fire team (forming a
detachment in SG).

Let's remember that this is a game and that "real life" isn't portioned
into neat activations.

Owen G

Prev: How big is human space Next: RE: SG actions rule clarification