Prev: Re: Knight Hawks and Star Frontiers Online! Next: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)

Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:38:59 -0500
Subject: Re: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

At 13:41 6/5/98, Aaron Teske wrote:
>>I think also that ADS and LAD systems need to expand their defensive
>>umbrellas to 48" so that missile armed gunships stop smoking them from
>>beyond their engagement envelope.
>
>I recall this point being brought up before, and I think Jon had a
reason
>for setting the ranges as he did.  But I don't remember what it was --
>wasn't interested in DSII back then.

There was some discussion of this earlier this year. One proposed system
was a HEL-based ADS that would have a range of 60", otherwise work like
other ADS, and have a 150% cost over standard ADS. Something like:

BASIC = 300
ENH = 450
SUP = 600

This keeps those GMS/L systems from being too invincible, yet not
totally
obviated by the remedy.

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28 /
PPIG #42

"The wisest and best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions,
may
be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke.
"
    - Jane Austen, _Pride & Predjudice_

Prev: Re: Knight Hawks and Star Frontiers Online! Next: What makes a Carrier? (ftfb)