Prev: Crew sizes Next: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal

Re: Crew sizes

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:13:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Crew sizes

>I've noted that the new FB gives crew sizes, from the discussion from
>the folks on the other side of the pond who have the books.  I was
>wondering, in rough terms, how large a crew would likely be present on
>a 'small' (by space station standards) refuelling station--minimal
>weaponry, maybe the size of a light carrier or so.  And how many of
>that would normally be Marines?

A light carrier is still fairly large, giving approx. 5-10 crew units as
ballpark figure.

Using the "old" MT rules as a guideline and translating over to FB,
yields
1 BF per crew unit. So, assuming your fueling station is military and
expected to be in harms way, that's a fair estimate.

However, I would assume that most stations would have fewer BFs, as they
are not expected to encounter boarding situations very often. Half or
even
a quarter of the starship standard.

Schoon

Prev: Crew sizes Next: DSII Guided Missile System Proposal