Prev: RE: Stargrunt PA vs. regular Infantry Next: GenCon: A GZG Game is a Pinnacle Event!

Ontario GZG Convention - Need Numbers for Feasibility Study

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 03:08:10 GMT
Subject: Ontario GZG Convention - Need Numbers for Feasibility Study

Hey, gang! We've been looking at the possibility of doing a GZG
convention
this fall in the Toronto area. What we found is that Toronto is pretty
well
too expensive for the convention. I can get a free place to play, but it
won't
handle more than about 12 people. I can also get a place that can hold
40 people, but we can't play on Sunday.

So, Jerry Han did some digging and came up with some alternatives. The
number
one choice is in Hamilton, Ontario. Hamilton is a fair sized city about
an
hour down the QEW from Toronto. It's about the same distance for folks
driving
in from the Detroit/Windsor or Port Huron/Sarnia border crossings as
Toronto.
It's an hour quicker for people crossing at Niagara Falls or
Queenston/Lewiston. The Ottawa folk would have an additional hour or
hour and
a half drive.

What we need are some ideas of the number of people who want to come. We
need
SERIOUS numbers. Tell us if you're definitely coming, probably coming,
or
maybe coming. The convention's cost is C$300 for the weekend for the
small
room, which would have 3 to 4 tables. For C$750, we can get the large
room.
We'd like to shoot for an entrance fee of about C$20 (US$15) for the
weekend.
We're planning to make this non-profit, meaning if we have a bit of a
surplus,
we'll supply munchies. If we have a lot of a surplus, we'll refund
money.
We're also hoping to give a rebate to GMs.

So, that's the scoop. We're looking at C$20 or US$15 for a weekend of
GZG
games on the weekend of September 25 to 27. The price of staying at the
hotel
is about C$59 a night. We're looking for numbers and commitment. If we
don't
get a good enough commitment, we won't book the hotel. If the turnout
looks
good, we'll start pre-reg.

So, please E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY with your response if you ARE interested
in
going. My e-mail is agoodall@sympatico.ca

For interest sake, Hamilton is about 10 hours from Chicago, 5 hours from
Detroit, less than 2 hours from Buffalo, and about 9 hours from
Gettysburg,
PA. For Toronto players, we may do shuttles from Toronto each day, or we
may
stay at the hotel. It's 1 hour from Toronto.

Allan Goodall	      agoodall@sympatico.ca

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like
my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like
his passengers.

Prev: RE: Stargrunt PA vs. regular Infantry Next: GenCon: A GZG Game is a Pinnacle Event!