Prev: RE: SG actions rule clarification Next: Damage Notation

Full Thrust III - Sensors etc.

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 02:59:03 PDT
Subject: Full Thrust III - Sensors etc.

Full Thrust III - Sensors etc.
I find myself using a hybrid mixture of Full Thrust II, The EFSB and now

the Fleet Book as well. The EFSB being used to patch any holes in the
welds between FT II and the Fleet Book and I must confess a great
fondness for the Heavy Beams and especially the Narn energy mine
launcher.
This has set me wondering about what will be in FT III.

I assume that full FT III will have:
1. Simple but "realistic" sensor rules.
2. Lots of new weapons (including the slice & dice heavy beams we know
and love from the EFSB). Just to make the rules lawyers buy it.
3. More effective mines. I find the idea of a mine acting like a Salvo
Missile (anything within 6" is attacked by 1d, 1d damage  missiles) very

attractive. The Captor mine from hell!

I think sensors and ECM is going to be the most important and the
difficult part of the package to write. I know this list has seen a lot
of discussion on the topic in the past but what does everyone think now?

Ideas and 'wish list' suggestions:
1.	Target acquisition. You must acquire a target before you can
fire at
it. If one ship in a fleet acquires a target it can pass on the
information to the other ships in the fleet.
2.	Number of sensor rolls a ship can make is equal to the number of

functioning fire control systems.
3.	Sensor drones. I loved these in the old GDW game Star Cruiser.

By the way. I always assumed that the reason in FT II for the largest
fleet getting the initiative was because the whole fleet functioned as a

virtual array by sharing sensor information. More ships, a larger and
more accurate array. Simple and no S**r T**k style techno-babble
required.

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: RE: SG actions rule clarification Next: Damage Notation