Prev: Re: Fighter Mounts Next: RE: SG actions rule clarification

Re: Fighter Mounts

From: tom411@j... (Thomas E Hughes)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 21:34:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighter Mounts

  I thought this thread was covered earlier with outside (hull mounted)
fighters called 'Parasite' fighters. The consensus seemed to be that
they
could be mounted on any ship(even a freighter for a real surprise.)
  BUT if a ship took damage before launch, you crossed off fighters
instead of damage boxes.!
  AND the ship retrieving the fighters had to fly straight to retrieve
the fighters at about 1 or 2 each turn.
  Are we talking about something different or new here?

Tom Hughes

On Wed, 03 Jun 1998 18:24:10 -0700 John Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net>
writes:

>     The 'Inside' vs 'outside' debate is fun to watch but the most
>likely (in my mind) scenario is one in which both are used.
>Outside: the standard FT fighter and interceptor are deployed
>	  on mounts that supply/resupply  the energy and fuel
>	  needs of the	craft.
>Inside:  The specilized attack, bomber, torpedo craft are carried
>	  internally so that the expendable loads may be mounted in
>	  more PROTECTED/controlled conditions.  These craft will
>	  be serviced by robot/waldo crew chiefs  in vacuum.
>Comments: The external mount will be the first to launch in a surprise
>	  attack situation since only the pilot needs to mount his
>	  craft and launch as an individual.   The internal bay
>	  theory requires all pilots to man and ready their craft
>	  prior to the pumpdown of the bay itself.   After all, how
>	  many complete changes of air will a ship have?
> Bye for now,
>John L.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: Fighter Mounts Next: RE: SG actions rule clarification