Prev: Re: Carrier status Next: Re: Fighter Mounts

Re: Vector movement

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 18:55:49 +0100
Subject: Re: Vector movement

In message <3573D8FE.E573DEF7@axom.com>
	  Brian Bell <brian.bell@axom.com> wrote:

> John Atkinson wrote:
>
> > How much additional
> > complication does the vector system add to the game?  I know I try
> > think about moving a ship in three directions at one time and my
eyes
> > glaze over.  How much does the vector system detract from the
> > incredibly simple nature of the FT rules?
>
> I don't have the FB, but assume that the vector movement rules are
similar
> to the ones he posted last year.
>
> While there is a little added compilcation in writing the movement
orders,
> I find that it is MUCH easier to predict where your ships will end
thier
> movement than with the cinematic movement. This actually SIMPLIFIES
the
> game for me.

Have to add a definite 'me too' in here. I always thought that the
FTII movement system was an unnecessary overcomplification, when a
vector movement system is just so simple to understand.

The only bit where the FTII movement is simpler is that you don't
need an extra marker for direction seperate to facing.

--
Be seeing you,	     http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/Gaming.html
Sam.		     ----------------------- Roleplaying and Wargaming

Prev: Re: Carrier status Next: Re: Fighter Mounts