Prev: RE: Vector movement Next: RE: Vector movement

Re: Vector movement

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 08:25:08 +0100
Subject: Re: Vector movement

>Just ran a FT demo at local game shop, and was rather delighted with
>response--even pulled some people away from the Magic games that had
>overrun the place.  But am concerned--major 'selling' point for the
>game is simplicity.  As I put it, if I can teach it to an 8-year old at
>2 AM on 2nd day of a Con, I can teach it to anyone.  But movement
>system took a wee bit to explain to a few people.  How much additional
>complication does the vector system add to the game?  I know I try to
>think about moving a ship in three directions at one time and my eyes
>glaze over.  How much does the vector system detract from the
>incredibly simple nature of the FT rules?
>
>John

John - yes, the vector system is a bit more complicated (a bit, not a
lot),
though it does require a change in your way of thinking about movement.
However, don't lose sight of the fact that it is still (and always will
be)
COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. Even when we do FT3 it'll still have BOTH systems,
be used at players' choice. For newbie groups and young players I'd
stick
to the basic "cinematic" system, which we've seldom found anyone having
problems grasping.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: RE: Vector movement Next: RE: Vector movement