Prev: Re: FB - emblems Next: Re: More Fleet Book questions

Free Cal/Tex

From: tom411@j... (Thomas E Hughes)
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 22:03:18 -0500
Subject: Free Cal/Tex

   I was rummaging around in my old books when I came across an H. Beam
Piper  double book. One of the stories was "Lone Star Planet" (the other
was "Four Day Planet" -by ACE Science Fiction.)
   I think the background would be suitable for Free Cal/Tex and FT/SG.
In the book the local ranchers herd 'Supercows'(about the size of a
locomotive, and the skin is twice as tough) with light armor. A small
rancher has about a company worth of vehicles and a large rancher about
battalion. By the way we are talking about contra gravity vehicles.
    For full thrust you have the Solar League, New Texas, and other
humans; for aliens you have the z'Srauff.

   It is a nice backgrounder for games including Free Cal/Tex. By the
way
they moved the "Alamo" onto a spaceship and took it with them to 'New
Texas'.

Tom Hughes

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: Re: FB - emblems Next: Re: More Fleet Book questions