Prev: RE: GZG NEWS - DSII Infantry Walkers (was: Re: Bugs...) Next: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:20:54 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

Then again, you can always go to a toy store and buy those cheap rubber
bugs (50 cents max). I bought some cheap plastic dinosaurs for 10 cents
each and painted them so that I could use them as either as draft
animals (carry 1 element of infantry) and as Godzilla like monsters
(this is even before I heard about the movie. . .). They look great
rampaging through an urban area.

Most of the toy stores around here have a large selection of bugs in
various sizes. Cheaper than buying micromachines and you can step on
them without breaking them. Plastic spiders as line infantry, flies as
VTOLs, tarantulas as infantry walkers. . .

On the other hand. . .
Apparently, dead beetles are quite durable. You could just use those. No
painting required!

If anyone is interested, I'll scan some pix of repainted cheap plastic
reptiles.

Paul

that cats have when they deposit dead wild life on the new carpet).