Prev: Re: GZG bugs Next: Re: GZG NEWS - DSII Infantry Walkers (was: Re: Bugs...)

Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

From: "Jonathan White" <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:16:44 +0100
Subject: Re: Sa'vasku - ground forces (look & feel)

On 28 May 98, at 14:01, Tim Jones wrote:
> I'd hoped the Sa'Vasku would be a bit more
> enigmatic in look than the SST Bugs
> Hopefully some more variants/castes will appear
> as I don't know how you'd build/grow a
> starship with a single pincer as the main
> manipulation appendage.
The way I have always thought of it was that the Sa'Vasku don't actually
get their hands
dirty. The ground forces / aerofighters / space fleet are all
modified/engineered
organisms witha very specific purpose. Thus, the 'bugs' you see don't
build the
spaceships and the bugs are built for a very specific job - mincing
human / kravak
ground troops. It's a lot better explanation than anything SST came up
with for the huge
variation in bug function. Basically,  they use biological constructs
instead of tools, like
the Humans or Kra'Vak do. This would explain the bit in MT where they
use an actual
human host as, well, a sophisticated postcard.

> To fit in with the FT ships they need to
> look more arachnid/starfish like, than
> the Bug arthropods (crayfish on steroids)
Not necessarily, if you follow the model. Human ships aren't built in
human form. An M16
looks nothing like an F16 :). The point is no-one in the FT universe
knows anything
about the Sa'Vasku yet, so presuming the big ships are actually the
Sa'Vasku (or look
anything like them) is possibly an error.

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: Re: GZG bugs Next: Re: GZG NEWS - DSII Infantry Walkers (was: Re: Bugs...)