Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB Next: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB

Re: Morale rules

From: BJCantwell <BJCantwell@a...>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 20:12:45 EDT
Subject: Re: Morale rules

> > Actually, I agree with this view. Many gamers (as opposed to
>  > simulationists) intensily dislike morale rules and typically morale
>  > rules, confidence checks etc. is the part of the game that is
forgotten
>  > in the heat of the action.
>  >

>  Agreed that they are a pain, but they also add something to the game
that
>  simply "counting bullets" doesn't get across.  In any event, the
'simpler
>  is better' doesn't make sense here because TacOPS (at least the
version
>  I'm familiar with) is a computer game, so we don't have to fiddle
with
>  all the counters.

Most power gamers and their ilk don't like morale rules, but myself and
just
about every other player of historical or realistic games would not play
any
game without at least some rudimentary system of morale.  Warfare
through the
ages has always had more to do with men and their mental state than it
has
with what sorts of weapons they had, etc...

Brian

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB Next: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB