Prev: Re: Are the FSE and NSL natural enemies? Next: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB

Re: Bogey Classes FB

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 16:45:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Bogey Classes FB

In message <v0155010eb18c788d9c0d@[199.240.131.184]>
	  jfoster@kansas.net (Jim 'Jiji' Foster) wrote:

> >> Yes, yes, and the biggest design provided is 280.
> >
> >Excellent, though still a touch on the small side for my tastes :)
>
> Which brings up something I've been ruminating on:
>
> Has anyone tried to game the Fred Saberhagen Berzerker series in FT?
I've
> been unable to come up with any truly satisfying designs yet; perhaps
the
> FB will open up some new avenues.....

If you mean a big powerful ship capable of taking on entire fleets
by itself, of levelling worlds and generally being a pain in the
backside for all sentient lifeforms out there, you might want to
look at my designs for Imperial Star Destroyers:

http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/FullThrust/StarWars/SW.html

Never actually tried using one in a game yet though :)

Personally, I prefer the Planet Killers of Greg Bear to Saberhagen's
Berserkers. Better written, and much more advanced, but roughly the
same idea.

--
Be seeing you,	     http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/Gaming.html
Sam.		     ----------------------- Roleplaying and Wargaming

Prev: Re: Are the FSE and NSL natural enemies? Next: Re: Thoughts on FB .....was Re: Bogey Classes FB