Prev: Re: OT Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules Next: FT Computer Core - New Upload

Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 08:20:42 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules

You wrote:

>Well, I would hope that we are somewhere between the two - closer to
modern >combat, actually.  As I remember, DS2/SG2 were designed to
'simulate' good >military SciFi.  Which most SciFi movies are not.
(Starship Troopers, bleah!)

Hear, hear!  (Pet Peeve, SciFi is trashy television/movies, SF is good
literature) Dirtside comes closer to the type of thing shown in the
Bolo novels, Drake's Hammer's Slammers, Pournelle's (too numerous to
list), Starship Troopers (the book), and other good stuff than either
modern or crappy movies.

>And an FMA comment: Full Metal Atkinson: If it consists of nothing but
>engineering rules and Frenchmen, then wouldn't they be mimefields?

Puns, the lowest form of humour.

John

Prev: Re: OT Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules Next: FT Computer Core - New Upload