Prev: Re: Back to Platoon Leaders Next: Force Morale

Re:morale rules (in TACOPS)

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:09:44 -0700
Subject: Re:morale rules (in TACOPS)

At 01:31 PM 5/20/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Do you remember that game TACOPS? Not a bad game but it had NO morale
>rules. The designer thought that players didn't want to be bothered
with
>them PLUS since you can't quantify maorale exactly it owuld be
>unrealistic. Of course my argument was no morale rules at all was ten
>times more unrealsitic than having something.

The only computer game I have come across with a realistic morale
system is Close Combat 2. If you haven't yet tried it I very highly
recommend it. It is definitely the closest game to simulating the
kind of battles SGII portrays. Unfortunately the maps are so
complicated that making custom scenarios is a very serious undertaking.

The morale in that game is realistic enough that moving a squad into
a building with dead friendlies lying around can cause your soldiers
to panic! Try to charge a MG.42 team without suppressing them first
will end one of two ways: your soldiers do nothing except hide, or they
run out and end up a pile of dead soldiers... The sight of a Konigstiger
can send men running. Did I mention it's one of my favorite computer
games?

Sorry for going a bit off-topic...

	Tony Christney
	acc@questercorp.com

Prev: Re: Back to Platoon Leaders Next: Force Morale