Prev: Re: Email address is changing, how to I unsubscribe?<EOM> Next: Re: FleetBook - minor error/errata for FAQ

RE: SGII for Victorian SF?

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 07:56:48 -0700
Subject: RE: SGII for Victorian SF?

Or maybe, on a man-to man skirmish level game, 'form square me lads !'
is less important than the difference in leadership, organization and
morale that's already present in the SG2 rule set. I mean how many men
are we really  talking about, a few squads of Tommies, Frenchies or
Belgies vs. Former Bannerman Anhaat Kaamaaraam and a couple of mobs of
his Red Hills Bandits. Ground scale is flexible too. Although that
certainly doesn't preclude command and control bonuses for trained units
in formation (extra activation(s), maybe ? Bonuses to impact or some
sort of inherant support bonus for volley fire ?)

I think that to truly cover an *ahem* EPIC scale Victorian battle, say
Sikh Khalsa vs. John Company you'd need to use something more akin to
D2, maybe with more variation for infantry types/ grades/ formations...

Just some Sunday mornin' ramblings....

Gene