Prev: Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request) Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: SGII for Victorian SF?

From: tlsmith@m... (Terrance L. Smith)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 22:36:47 -0600
Subject: Re: SGII for Victorian SF?

>Hello:
>	 I've been doing a little thinking.  I wonder just who
simple/difficult
>it would be to use SGII for a Victorian Sci-Fi background.  Personally
>think that a Colonial SGII would be a little simpiler to play, given
the
>fact that you can leave out a lot of the technology.  (e.g. ECM,
>Sensors, etc.) Any comments?
>--
>Later,
>Mark A. Siefert

I like this idea. (I enjoyed Space 1889, too.) One question: what about
ground scale and the use of close order formations that are appropriate
the period? This might also be a factor is some low tech scenarios -
aliens
or lost colony at the 19th century equivalent of technology.

Terrance L. Smith, Ph.D.
tlsmith@micron.net
Nampa, Idaho

Prev: Re: Low tech SG (was Re: A Humble Request) Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios