Prev: Mistaken transmission Next: Re: Kra'vak was Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: Low Tech Scenarios

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 09:06:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Niall Gilsenan wrote:

> Just look at the Russians versus the Afghan Tribesmen for that.  I'm
not an
> expert on it by any means but it looked to me like the Russians took a
> hammering despite having the better technology.

Well that's not necessarily the case, they had teh exact same weapons
and
technology as the Russians at tehlower levels. They just lacked the
numbers,
soem of the commo gear, rdf, ew, heavy equipment and weapons. they did
have
those shiny nice new stingers though <g>.

We're talking more along the lines of spear armed zulus vs rifle and
artillery
armed brit troops. That's a technology difference.

Los

Prev: Mistaken transmission Next: Re: Kra'vak was Re: Low Tech Scenarios