Prev: The Plughole Effect. In its defence Next: Mistaken transmission

Battlecruisers

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 04:34:35 PDT
Subject: Battlecruisers

Battlecruisers
>From what I hear of the new ship design rules we should be able to have

proper battle cruisers ("The agility of a cruiser and the firepower of a

battleship but don't kick it, your foot might go through the hull").
Strange, I hate the things but I want to be able to model them properly
and I am looking forward to the new Chatham book on them.
In SF I always assumed they were almost exactly the same as a battleship

only without the several metres of foamed steel/ceramic armour, the
reduced mass giving better acceleration at the expense of durability.

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: The Plughole Effect. In its defence Next: Mistaken transmission