Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 Unit coherency. Next: Re: Conversions to DSII complete

Re: Random ramblings.

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 22:01:13 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Random ramblings.

You wrote:

>Having run things like this before, the best solution that I've found
is to >take 2 sides, divide up whatever forces you have as evenly as

So each newbie has a company or so out of a larger force, rather than a
multi-sided free-for-all?

>composition, and have a meeting engagement with a lot of varied
terrain.

I just bought some hills.  Will hit up a craft store for green felt,
and buy a dozen little trees to indicate density (many=thick woods, one
or two=light woods).  Am considering black felt for blacktop and blue
for rivers.

>edge), maybe set a few objectives, but _make_ them engage - that's
what the >newbies want to do.  If somebody wins just by better

Bought and have begun painting a GZG 'Tramp' class Lt. Space Freighter.
 I figured a decent scenario would that this is a supply shipment
slipped through the Imperial blockade--given identical designs and
paint schemes, it's gotta be a civil war--and both sides are trying to
take it intact.

>Another, very useful, sneaky trick - use some Epic minis if you're
going to be >competing directly with the GW monster.  This will spark

Might buy some.  I already use normal Space Marines as PA infantry, and
their missle teams as GMS teams.  Have been considering one of their
Imperial Guard superheavy tanks as Bolo.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 Unit coherency. Next: Re: Conversions to DSII complete