Prev: Re: B5 mini's in the UK Next: RE: Mines 6

Re: Mines 8 (!)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:42:01 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Mines 8 (!)

You wrote:

>As an aside, the unspecified place I just returned from used old
Soviet >mines as the primary source for explosives (used for demo and
engineer >ops).

The American M-21 directs most of it's energy straight up (with platter
charge to boot) making it quite useful for some demolitions
applications.

<Consumer Safety Warning>
But I would NOT RPT NOT reccomend dicking around with unexploded mines
of any nationality for any reason!  After a while in the ground, a fuze
can degrade, so that a former requirement of 350 pounds pressure has
become 35 pounds pressure to detonate.
</Consumer Safety Warning>

Yes, I am an old lady when it comes to explosives.  I don't want to
reduce my own self to bloody shreds!

>Also, future minefields/mines	should	have the option to self
destruct >after a certain amount of time (user specified) to make them
safer to >civilians. Might be some Geneva stipulated mine feature.
Ground sensors >work like that.

Probably so.  In a campaign game, yes.	In the standard Dirtside II
game, not likely.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: B5 mini's in the UK Next: RE: Mines 6