Prev: Re: Background of Nations Next: Re: Background of Nations

[ADMIN] List Practice

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:52:11 +0100
Subject: [ADMIN] List Practice

I've been asked by someone to post a message detailing what the 'rules'
of
the list are. I'm going to point these outin as plain a language as
possible.  From now on, anyone who breaches these rules once will get a
warning from me. On the second breach, I won't bother warning the
culprit,
I'll just unsub them and bar their email address. I hoe this clear.

1) No attachments. This list is *not* for distributing binary files. Nor
does it officially recognise any of the newer 'rich text' mail formats
or
HTML mail. All messages must be basic text only. The accepted practice
for
binary files is to post the URL of a web site where they are available.
If
you don't *have* a web site, there are people on this list who do and
will
be willing to 'host' file downloads for people.

2) No personal arguments. Some people consider flame wars to be part of
the
'fun' of the internet. I don't. Personal abuse of list members (however
justified the abuser feels it is) is not allowed.

3) No irrelevancy. This list was set up to *specifically* discuss the
products of Ground Zero Games and their associated
retailers/distributors.
Not only does this disallow obviously irrelevant content such as
political
differences or such, but also general discussions about other people's
games. If the same people repeatedly shift discussion topics to the
point
where there is negligible 'game' content they will be barred.

Three rules folks, that's all. Stick to them and we'll all be happy.
DON'T
stick to them and I'll have to lock you out. It's as simple as that.

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: Re: Background of Nations Next: Re: Background of Nations